Membership Meeting – December 2019
December 12, 2019
The Ohio Mayors Alliance hosted our first two-day mayors winter summit in Columbus to reflect on our efforts in 2019 and plan for our work in 2020. We officially adopted our 2020 policy priorities that we expanded to nine areas of focus.
- Prioritizing community reinvestment and local economic development
- Protecting home rule authority for local communities
- Supporting Ohio’s 21st century infrastructure needs
- Continuing to confront Ohio’s addiction crisis
- Keeping our communities safe and addressing gun violence
- Improving educational opportunities and supporting a strong workforce
- Strengthening our democracy and supporting the 2020 census
- Advancing clean energy solutions and sustainability
- Supporting safe, accessible, and affordable housing
Additionally, the mayors prepared for state and federal advocacy in the new year, shared lessons on leading through crisis, and received a keynote presentation by Bill LaFayette, Ph.D. on the state of our economy and workforce development.